Okay, I’ve got some stuff goin’ on over here in Boweltown, so I’ll make this short.
September 27-28, 2008 – Bremen
If you live in Germany, you really ought to go to this next meet-up. I’ve been to two, including the first and thus I am a charter member. It has always been a blast, even the year I could not stop putting my foot in my mouth. Sparky and I are heading up to Bremen this year unless reproductive issues keep us here (I have an appointment with some very interesting equipment and let’s just say if I get pregnant soon, it will not be because I had dirty sex unless you have a medical fetish and then it is extremely dirty).
Why should you go?
1. It is so much fun. It’s kind of a little island of your own culture in the middle of this vast sea of Kraut. It’s nice to have conversations with people who understand cultural references without having to explain.
2. Meet new/old friends. Seriously, I have yet to meet an expat who doesn’t fall into a hole of routine. It’s comfortable, that routine, but sometimes it gets a little old. And having been in a routine, it’s sometimes scary to leave it to meet people you’ve only met via blogs or forums. Well, let me tell you, the learning curve is about 30 seconds before everything is really comfortable and lovely.
3. See a new city? This isn’t such a draw for me as I’d prefer to sit at a cafe, drink coffee and say inappropriate things as I get to know new people.
- If you are feeling shy just know we all feel shy. I put on good face, but I’m actually really shy. Unless there is red wine. Then I’m not so shy at all.
- You don’t have to be an expat nor a blogger to attend. We don’t discriminate.
So, e-mail me with any questions. This week is a good time to do this as I have promised myself to return all e-mails I’ve neglected over the last 3 months before my birthday so that I can start my 36th year clean of all prior commitments and procrastinations.
Otherwise, see you in Bremen. Seriously, get your butt to Bremen.