Today is my birthday. I’m now officially in my mid-mid-thirties. What the fuck? When did that happen because i could have sworn I just had my 25th birthday. I have a book on my desk that I use all the time. I opened it the other day and there on the front cover was my name and the date I bought it. Jan 1990. Holy cow, I have a book that is 18 years old. A book. Do you know how old that makes me feel? Ah, well, things are going too good for me to complain.
Things are boding well for my 36th year.
- I had my hair done finally, in a teeny tiny little village and it is the best I’ve had in Germany, rivaling my guy in SF. The cut isn’t exactly perfect, but man, it does look great. Whodda thunk?
- I got my birthday wish a few days early and I am so not complaining.
- The smell of fresh cut grass is wafting in through my open windows.
- I also got a great car stereo from the Sparkster. Now when I drive my car, I can actually listen to music. It hooks up to Lucius, my iPod, AND has a bluetooth hands free thingie so I can talk safely while driving. And Sparky even washed the car for me so Gracie is all super sweet and clean. Perfect for a topless drive.
- And to the topless drive, today is also the first time ever, in the last 33 years (i can’t remember the first three) that it hasn’t rained on my birthday. Yeah, I grew up in California and yeah, it rained there too. I had a party a few years ago and it stormed mightily. It was the hail that finally put out the BBQ and my hopes, but not today!
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, I’m really touched and surprised. Claire, or shall we call her Super Woman, even sent me a card that was delivered today. How does that work? If I didn’t know Claire personally, I would have thought she was one of those “Perfect Hair Women”. You know who I’m talking about. We’ve all met them and hated them at some point in our lives.
Anyway, I’m going to know go take a nap because I’m tired and I can. Then I’m going to take a drive in a gorgeous convertible and then perhaps go see the Dark Knight.
Life is good and I am happy.
I hope you have just as good a day as I’m having.