So I’m going to try this blogging thing again.
- Mim graduated from college – double major- Spanish and Theatre Arts. Yeah, the employment options are just wide-open there. As wide open as the dating options for a straight girl inside that theatre arts major.
- I’m working for this organization and with Miss Claire! We had to remove votegopher from the site because a particular state found it to be partisan. I found that to be absurd, but I’m new to this Washington game, apparently. I’m coordinating a new program informally referred to as Cocktail Party Civics – teaching expats enough about our government to get through a political discussion at a cocktail party. Oh, and to get them to vote. Claire will be teaching and I’ll be serving the drinks! Thank you for your input, BTW. I just couldn’t get my head around it and the MICHELLE BACH.MANN people can kiss my tushie.
As for the Cocktail Party Civics meet-ups – I’m having three in Germany – Frankfurt, Munich and Berlin. Everyone is invited. Will post dates and info soon. Will not interfere with WEBUM.
- Sparky’s cousin died very suddenly of leukaemia. She died 3 days after diagnosis. How does one die suddenly of leukaemia? Mis-diagnosis. She was 42. It hit us all pretty hard. Sparky and Max are now the only members of his father’s side of the family.
- Max got a cold which he thoughtfully handed off to his parents. Sparks and I are like that couple in the old Nyquil commercials. I literally woke up to his coughing last night and told him to take the German equivalent which is awful. I do not want it to taste like honey and chamomile. I miss my cherry flavoured night-time cold relief. I’ll restock soon…
- I’m off to California for a while starting Mid-June. Just Max and I. Sparky has to work, watch the cats and make sure his Playstation doesn’t get dusty.
- I’m finally jumping Microsoft ship and buying an Apple in the states. I’ve absolutely had it with my Vaio. It sucks, the support sucks and frankly, if I didn’t need it to print on our Kyocera printer, I’d stomp on it like I’ve been day dreaming ever since I pushed the button the first time. I hate Sony computers. And I hate Sony. When the customer support guy offered to teach me how to be a better customer, well, that was about it. Apple here I come.
- I got sucked into a whirlpool of private insurance doctors. I saw a dermatologist (who cut out a large portion of the back of my arm)who recommended both an eye doctor (to check for melanoma in our retinas) and an orthopaedist because it appeared that my over-supination was affecting my knees. He noticed this during the skin cancer check. (If you go to that supination site, check out the photo to the left. There is NO WAY she is doing that without someone pushing her feet back. NO WAY.)
These doctors have different phone numbers for privately insured patients. The offices look like they are straight out of Nip/Tuck. Then they do an exam and refer me off to another Dr. with a private phone number. One guy wanted me to see his wife (2nd no doubt) about a homeopathic weight loss therapy because oh, I don’t know, I need to lose more weight and the option I chose didn’t seem to be working. I’m not sure if he heard me when I mentioned the 200 pounds I no longer carry.
- Why is it that when I’ve been up since 4 am that Max sleeps in?